Apr 22, 2004
I was recently diagosed as having Acute Hepatitis B.after falling sick.I was tired, vommiting and feeling neauses. I was hospitilized for a week. Am still waiting for blood culture results. What i want to know is, how long could I have had this? I am not on ART, my CD count is 675.Am feeling beter but worried about this. Please help
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
The usual incubation period for HBV is about 4-6 weeks. If this is acute, then you just got it. It is a sexually transmitted disease so you should be tested for other STD's as well. It should resolve in a few weeks to a few months. This is why everyone should get vaccinated for hepatitis B and A too! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- After Treatment For Trichomoniasis How Should You Wait To Have Sex
- Does Washing Up After Sex Prevent Std's?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.