Dr Dieterich

I was recently diagosed as having Acute Hepatitis B.after falling sick.I was tired, vommiting and feeling neauses. I was hospitilized for a week. Am still waiting for blood culture results. What i want to know is, how long could I have had this? I am not on ART, my CD count is 675.Am feeling beter but worried about this. Please help

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The usual incubation period for HBV is about 4-6 weeks. If this is acute, then you just got it. It is a sexually transmitted disease so you should be tested for other STD's as well. It should resolve in a few weeks to a few months. This is why everyone should get vaccinated for hepatitis B and A too! DTD

Dr. Dieterich
diabetes and hep c