Please help me understand Hep B results!!

Hi...I have been going to the doctor on and off for the last 10 years regarding Hep B. Orginally I was told I had chronic and then in 2001 was told that I didnt even have the virus anymore just the antibodies. I have been told so many different things and I am going crazy trying to find out the truth about my condition. I got more tests done about a month ago so can you please help me and explain what they mean..... I tested negative for Hep B Surface AG and negative for Hep B Surface AB (there is also a <1). I tested positive for Hep B Core AB Total and positive for Hep B Core AB IGM. My liver enzymes are slightly elevated. AST is 57 and ALT is 56. All the other things on the liver panel that the doctors did are normal. Can you please help me understand these test results. Thank you very much!!

Response from Dr. Dieterich

You really need the HBV DNA test and the e antigen and e antibody tests. There may be some activity. Your liver enzymes are not normal and if the HBV DNA is negative by PCR, then you need more investigation as to why your liver enzymes are elevated. Good luck! DTD

chronic hep B and hiv
i'm low risk factor, can i have hep C false positve