For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

liver enzymes

i have hep c/ hiv and after a recent recreational drug binge my t cells went down 100 to 285 and liver enzymes shot up dramatically. question ,besides the obvious answer- no more binging what is the best way to bring enzymes down? nutritional advice? any thing other to avoid?anthing i can do? thanks

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Good idea to avoid the binging! You should get tested for hepatitis C by PCR, you may have an acute infection. You should also be evaluated for other causes by your MD. In general caring for your liver is the same as caring for the rest of your body. Rest, eat exercise all in moderation and that is the best you can do. Good luck! DTD

can i be sure I'm cured?(HepC)
Nucleic Acid