|can i be sure I'm cured?(HepC)
Mar 18, 2001
I have been PCR negative for three years after treatment,however I am woried about becoming positive again, how long do I wait untill I can be safe it's gone from my life and I can start to look for relationship's again?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
This is an important question. The data we have so far indicates that you are indeed cured. There were no relapsers in several studies after 18 months. You can acquire hepatitis C again, however, so go find someone, but have safe sex and don't use drug! Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Headache A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Sore On Mouth A Symptom Of Ars?
- Fever After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.