|Mutant Strain HBV treatment
Mar 18, 2001
Dear dr. Dieterich,
I have result : + core antibody, - surface antigen and antibody HBV. My liver function was high but after taking Milk Thristle gpt was dropped significantily, however I still have got and ggt slightly above normal range. My Hb is normal and RBC just above normal. I heard about mutant strain which mostly occurs in Asia. I am HIV -, HCV - and HepA - Ultrasonograph was normal but I have slightly abnormal blood differential. My qustions are:
1) Am I a HepB Carrier? (I believe, I might be infected years ago)
2) What is treatment or may be a "cure" for me beside milk thirstle? ( I suffered paleness and depression/obssessive about hiv)
3) Can you tell me more about this HBV with mutant strain?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
There is a mutant of hepatitis B called a precore mutant. However the B surface antigen is usually positive while the e antigen is negative and the e antibody is positive. If your liver enzymes are elevated you need a thorough evaluation with blood tests and ultrasound. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When They Do The Hiv Blood Test Do They Also Check For Herpes?
- What's The Difference Between Gonorrhea And Chlamydia?
- What Is The Difference Between Hives And Shingles?
- What Do Herpes Pimples Look Like?
- Is Uti Medication The Same As Gonorrhea?
- Can A Uti Cause A False Positive On Chlamydia Tests?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.