|How long can Hep C live off the body?
Mar 18, 2001
Hi Dr. Dieterich,
I'm wondering how long Hepatitis C can live in small amounts of blood off the body. Is it possible to contract from objects?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Hepatitis C can not live for long if it is actually exposed to air. However, if it is inside a clot it can still be damp and alive. It is likely only to be spread from sharp objects like needles. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Drinking Water Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Doxycycline Cure Gonorrhea And Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.