|How long can Hep C live off the body?
Mar 18, 2001
Hi Dr. Dieterich,
I'm wondering how long Hepatitis C can live in small amounts of blood off the body. Is it possible to contract from objects?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Hepatitis C can not live for long if it is actually exposed to air. However, if it is inside a clot it can still be damp and alive. It is likely only to be spread from sharp objects like needles. DTD
Mutant Strain HBV treatment
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Thrush Cause A Metallic Taste In Your Mouth?
- Interesting Facts About Chlamydia
- Can Hiv Enter Through A Pimple?
- CAN I GET MONO FROM ORAL SEX?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.