|How long can Hep C live off the body?
Mar 18, 2001
Hi Dr. Dieterich,
I'm wondering how long Hepatitis C can live in small amounts of blood off the body. Is it possible to contract from objects?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Hepatitis C can not live for long if it is actually exposed to air. However, if it is inside a clot it can still be damp and alive. It is likely only to be spread from sharp objects like needles. DTD
Mutant Strain HBV treatment
- How Long After Being Infected Does It Take To Test Positive For Hiv?
- Can You Test For Hiv When You Have A Cold?
- Does Peripheral Neuropathy Cause Foot Drop And Toe Curling?
- What Is The Difference Between Lupus And Hiv?
- Primary Hiv Rash Characteristics
- What Are The Chance Of Getting Hiv Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.