Hepatitis

In 1970's I was married to a man that became a heroin addict who came down with hepatitis. I never used drugs but,about 3 months later I contracted hepatitis myself.What damage could this have done to my liver since it was not from drug use?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The only way to find out if there is liver damage is to do a liver biopsy. However before I would recommend that I would get tested for hepatitis B and C. If one of the viruses is present, then you may want to consider a liver biopsy. The viruses can damage your liver all by themselves without any help from drugs. Alcohol, of course is one thing that can damage your liver without viruses present. DTD

The standard course of Rebetron For strands of 1A
How long can Hep C live off the body?