|hbv and ebv
Mar 18, 2001
dear dr. dieterich,
can a person with hbv and ebv develop liver complications? Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Epstein Barr virus during the acute event can cause elevations of liver enzymes but not chronically. Hepatitis B can of course cause long term liver damage, cirrhosis and liver cancer if not treated. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- How Fast Do Genital Warts Spread?
- Living With Genital Warts
- Vaginal Bleeding Cervical Cancer Pain Muscle Spasm
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.