My mothers symptoms

My mother got sick recently after she had unprotected sex with a guy who is a known drug user. For the sake of saving face, she hid her illness until the point of blood in her urine and almost collapsing. She was diagnosed with a kidney infection and given antibiotics. Further test showed 'bugs' in her liver and something is also going on with her gall bladder. She is having an ultrasound next week. My concern is for my mother, however I do have a baby and a 3 year old. My 3 year old has had all of her Hep immunizations, however my baby has not. Should I be concerned about my daughters exposure to my mother? They currently have not been around her since she has disclosed her symptoms.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It is impossible to say from what you tell me here. However only hepatitis A is transmitted person to person. Hepatitis B, C and HIV are really only blood borne infections or sexually transmitted diseases. You have to decide. Good luck! DTD

DELTA AGENT
hepatitus b & hepatitus c