Mar 18, 2001
Hi Dr. What are the implications of having both the Delta agent and Hep 'B'. Does the Delta mean HIV or what?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
The delta agent is a viroid not quite a virus. It makes hepatitis B worse and can only infect people with hepatitis B. It even uses hepatitis B proteins for its coat. It has nothing to do with HIV. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Swollen Lymph Glands Mean I Have AIDS?
- How Do You Know If You Have Coated Tongue?
- Seroconverting After Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Odds Of Infection Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.