Hep B - vaccine & antibody levels

After my partner told me he was a carrier of HBV, i got tested and found i was NOT infected. i immediately started the vaccine. Last week i got my second dose of twinrix vaccine (A & B).

We ALWAYS use a condom for anal / oral sex.

I'd like to know what would happen if i were to be infected at this stage of the vaccine program...what would happen to the level of immunity already built up (antibody count)? The reason i ask is because i will eventually get tested to ensure the vaccine is succesful, and will assume i am protected if the level of anti-HBS is >10. Do i need to check for surface antigen (HBsAG) as well? or can i assume it is negative if I have sufficient antibodies?

the only risk i am exposed to is kissing.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

If you have hepatitis B surface antibody you are protected and after two shots most people will have protective antibodies. If you have the antibody it is not necessary to check for antigen. If you do not get the antibody, then you should get the antiben checked. DTD

What is PCR ? - Hep B+C ?
worried sick...literally