HIV+/HCV+ CO-INFECTED/TREATMENT AND ALCOHOL

I've been in HIV meds for 4 mths now. Sustive;Emtriva;Vread and Virex. My liver GGt no's now are over 2000. My NH3 is very high/also protein levels. I'm taking Lactulose to reduce NH3 and reduce animal protein. I still drink alcohol once a week.Lotensin and hidroclortizide for HPTension and Xanax 2 times a day for ansiety. Still working and look good. Is ahs been 10 yrs and firt time my T-cell went down to 211 was last October. Will alcohol once a week cause resistance to HIV drugs? And what other complications will I experience if I don't stop drinking now? How much more can I bear? Pls Help!Thnks!

Response from Dr. Dieterich

For you alcohol is poison! Stop it now! The Liver numbers are very high. You may be taking too much Videx (DDI) if you are taking Viread (tenofovir). With a bad liver I would also ask for a lactate level and if elevated stop the Videx. The elevated liver enzymes are probably from that. After all that is done, you need to talk to someone about treating your HCV! Good luck! DTD

Tx length, 3a relapser
CDC COULD NOT ANSWER THIS ONE, PLEASE HELP !!!