|autoimmune Hep C
Mar 2, 2004
I have Hep C and a biopsy of my liver showed abnormal cells. My doctor is testing me for autoimmune Hep C. What does this mean?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Autoimmune hepatitis is another disease entirely. It is important to make the distinction since interferon can make the autoimmune disease worse. However, you can have both diseases. Actually hepatitis C can cause some autoimmune type findings. The blood tests should be able to distinguish the difference. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.