Please help. I've been trying to get your answer

Dear Dr. DTD,

I am a HBV chronic carrier and I've never been on any treatment, I don't drink or smoke and I think that I got infected since childhood. I've had liver function test twice a year with normal results. My doctor let me have other test last month and the test results are as followed:

HBsAG - Positive

HBsAB - Negative

HBeAG - Negative

HBeAB - Positive

AFP - 2.0 <11

ALT - 14 <60

My doctor only told me my liver is still good and ask me to come back to check every 6 months but did not explain about the results. Please help me to understand what those mean. And what are the chances from HBV without cirrhosis to become liver cancer? Am I treatable if become sick? And can a chronic carrier like me be cured completely? I'm worrying so much about my infection. Thank you very much

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Relax, you don't have HBV anymore. It is gone. Just do what your doctor says and keep screening. If the DNA is negative, then you are fine. Good luck! DTD

Acute Hepatitis-B and Hep -A!
When to stop the treatment