LAB results and doctor in San Jose - Follow up

Hello Dr. DTD,

Thank you for answering my question on 2/2/04 Please help me with another one. Actually, I requested my MD to let me have the HBVDNA, HBeAG and HBeAB tests. I'm still wondering why he said that the yearly ultrasound is not necessary since I have AFP test every 6 months unless I have pain below the rib cage on my right. Should I ask for the yearly ultrasound? Also, you told me that I am cured because my HBVDNA negative, HBeAG negative and HBeAB positive, please let me know if I am still at risk of liver cancer and how much chance that might be. And what tests should I request from my MD at the next check up? Thank you.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

You are cured, however with HBV , there is always a little worry and it is normal to do screening every 6 months or so. Usually that consists of an AFP blood test and an ultrasound. If you are having troubles with your MD , then go to Stanford liver clinic in Palo Alto, that is very close to San Jose. I was just there last week! DTD

Dr. Dieterich
No side effects ^_^