Feb 17, 2004
My husband starts treatment with Pegasys instead of Peg-intron (which he was on but was unsuccessful) However, his doctor did not prescribe a companion drug like Rebetol or Ribavirin this time around. Do you know why not? I thought that one didn't work without the other.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Sometimes maintenance dose peg is used to prevent cirrhosis. That may be what he is doing. I think you should ask your husband's doctor. If a cure is the goal, then ribavirin is usually necessary. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Bacterial Vaginosis Clear On Its Own?
- When You Have Genital Warts Do You Have A Lot Of Them Or Just One Wart?
- What Is The Meaning Chlamydia Igg Test Positive?
- What Does Herpes Do To Immune System?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Aids Or Hpv From Open Mouth Kissing?
- What Are The Chances Of High Risk Hpv Turning Into Cancer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.