Vaccine Question

Hi Dr. Dieterich,

Wondering about a few things...

-I just received my third dose of twinrix Hep A/B today. I was actually supposed to get the third dose on Dec 25...does it matter that I was a little bit late?

-Also, I will be coming in contact with someone through work this week who is Hep B positive. Because I just received the vaccine am I any more likely to get the virus? Is the actual virus in the vaccine?

-Finally, at this point is it fairly certain that I am immune to Hep B having just gotten the third vaccine today?

Thanks for your help...

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Twinrix has no virus in it and is a very effective vaccine.You are very likely immune already. A slightly late vaccination should be no problem at all. I congratulate you on your foresight in getting vaccinated! Hepatitis B is only transmitted through blood and sex so you should be just fine! Stay well! DTD

liver biopsey
Drinking alcohol after Hep C.