Feb 2, 2004
I have hep c and would like to get a liver biopsy. I don't have insurance. How much does a biopsy cost? Thank You
Response from Dr. Dieterich
The professional fee part that is to the doctor is relatively low. Usually about $200. In fact that is why many doctors have stopped doing them. The hospital part can be the expensive part often many times that. However you can negotiate a lower price with your doctor. You should also check out the prices that radiologists charge, you might be able to get a good deal there too! Good luck! DTD
SECOND try -- Re-treament +length??
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What The Chances Of Getting Herpes Without An Outbreak?
- Is It Bad To Scratch Shingles?
- What Do Herpes Symptoms Look Like?
- Ways To Get Rid Of Chlamydia
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.