LAB results and doctor in San Jose, California

Dear Dr. DTD.

I was tested positive for hepatitis B in 1996 but I did not pay much attention until early last year when I had another blood test with my new family doctor. I was told that I'm a carrier with HBsAG positive, HBsAB negative and normal hepatic function but no other tests were performed (HBVDNA, HBeAG etc.) I had another 2 hepatic function tests within a year after that and it still show the liver functioning normal. I've read a lot of answers from you to the forum and asked my doctor about other tests but he said those are not necessary since my ALT is normal. I changed my primary physician to another one 3 weeks ago and requested to have HBeAG and HBVDNA tests. The test result was HBeAG - negative, HBVDNA quant. by PCR - not detected, HBeAB - positive and normal AFP (2.1/11). He told me that I'm not infectious to other and asked me to check every 6 months. My questions are:

1. Is it true that since HBeAB becomes positive, it will take over and clear the HBsAG and I' cured?

2. Can I ask my doctor to refer me to a liver specialist? If so, do you know any good one and San Jose, California?

Thank you very much.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

You are cured and I am glad you finally got a good doctor. You don't need a liver specialist. There is nothing to do except what you and your MD are doing. Keep up the good work! DTD

HbeAg and HbsAg for six years and ALT is within normal limit.
SECOND try -- Re-treament +length??