|Pregnant and Hepatitis C+
Jan 29, 2004
My husband and I are looking to adopt and we are in touch with a birth mother who has tested negative to HIV and positive to Hepatitis C. Will Hepatitis C be pass on to the baby?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
There is about a 5-7% chance of passing HCV on to the baby. There might be a slightly lower risk, about 2-3% if the baby is delivered by elective C section, but most people don't recommend planning a C section just for that risk. An emergency C section actually has a higher risk. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Infections Cause Wbc In Urine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.