Increased risk of HIV Transsmision to those with HEP C ?

Dr. Dietrich, Can you, or anyone, explain the increased risk HIV transmission from Sexual Contact, to those who already carry Hep C???

(You can feel free to delete the remainder of this if you only have time to answer the above question.) I have undergone a 48 week treatment of Interferon and Rebatol. My Viral load was undetected at 6 months post treatment. SVR. Since then, I had unprotected oral sex with a stranger. 4-6 weeks follwing the encounter I had a couple occurences of iregularity, Kanker Sores, and Headache. I fear that I have a higher risk, and may have been infected with HIV due to this oral sex encounter. Can you expain my increased risk due to my Hep-C status, and the risk, as a man, giving and recieving oral from a female partner?

Signed- Terrified, and waiting to take 3 Month HIV test.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Congrats! Your HCV is cured! There is no reason to think that you have any more risk than anyone else of acquiring HIV, and there is no association with HCV. What you might be thinking is that people often have the same risk factors for HIV and HCV, but HCV is not really sexually transmitted. Oral sex is considered a low risk, but not a no risk activity! I am sure you are fine.If you are really worried, you can get a HIV RNA test. DTD

HCV viral load and when to start treating
Pregnant and Hepatitis C+