HCV viral load and when to start treating

Dr. Dieterich:

My viral loads for HCV started at 14,000. Two months later the load was at 55,700. Then four months later it was at 200,000. I have had a biopsy. One doctor thinks on the fibrosis scale I am a 1 to a 2 out of 4. Another doctor thinks I am at a 2 with a possibility of a 3. My genotype is a 1b. I was wondering. What should my WBC count and other blood indicators be at before I start treatment? Should I start treatment?

Thank you

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Your blood counts have nothing to do with treatment. You need treatment now! The biopsy certainly sounds severe enough. There is no reason to wait. If your MD says your white or red counts are too low, then it is easy to fix those with factor treatment. With a low viral load like that, your chances of a cure are very high.DTD

hep c question
Increased risk of HIV Transsmision to those with HEP C ?