hep c question

I just found out I have hep c.I am genotype 3a. My viral load is 86,700. I don't have insurance. What would treatment cost me? I would really like to get treatment but need an idea how much money I will need.Thank you!

Response from Dr. Dieterich

You have a very good prognosis for treatment. Low viral load and your genotype is a slam dunk! You only need treatment for 24 weeks and it should cost about $10-12,000 for the medications. However, if you do not have a high income both Schering and Roche have patient assistance programs that will help you out with free drug if you qualify. Good luck! DTD

HIV/Hep-c thyroid problems?
HCV viral load and when to start treating