|hep c question
Jan 29, 2004
I just found out I have hep c.I am genotype 3a. My viral load is 86,700. I don't have insurance. What would treatment cost me? I would really like to get treatment but need an idea how much money I will need.Thank you!
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
You have a very good prognosis for treatment. Low viral load and your genotype is a slam dunk! You only need treatment for 24 weeks and it should cost about $10-12,000 for the medications. However, if you do not have a high income both Schering and Roche have patient assistance programs that will help you out with free drug if you qualify. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blood In Semen After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.