HIV/Hep-c thyroid problems?

im HIV / hep-c and on meds for 3 weeks now. Since my diagnoses in June 03, i have gained about 10-15lbs and cant seem to lose it. Im not fat, but my 6-pak is no longer visable. I still work out and have even added an extra session. Im just not sure if this is from a change in diet or if i might have a thyroid problem from HIV or Hep-c. Is there such a relation ? or do i just need to fine-tune my diet?

Thanks david

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I assume you are on HIV meds not HCV meds. You might want to ask your MD to check your insulin level. Particualarly if you are on a protease inhibitor. That can be changing your body shape. In addition, HCV also causes insulin resistance and can cause the same things to happen to your body. You might want to consider treating your HCV too! DTD

Hep B Test Results
hep c question