|Hep B Test Results
Jan 29, 2004
My boyfriend was recently tested for Hepatitis Panel and I'm having trouble understanding the results. They are as follows: Hepatitis A AB, Total Non-Reactive Hepatitis B Surface Antibody QL Non-Reactive Hepatitis B Surface Antigen with Confirmation Reactive Hepatitis B Core AB Total Reactive Does this mean he is a chronic carrier of Hep B? And if so, what can he do? Also, I have been vaccinated for Hep B, but is this in combination with safe sex enough?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It does mean that he could have HBV. He needs more testing done with e antigen, e antibody and HBV DNA. Safe sex and vaccine should be more than adequate. Encourage him to go for follow up. DTD
HIV/Hep-c thyroid problems?
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.