Jan 20, 2004
Dear Dr. D., During lesbian sex, I pulled out my hand to discover that my girlfriend had started her menses. I am a nail biter with hangnails and she is HEP C positive. Please help me identify how high the risk factor for contracting HEP C is in this case. Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Does not sound like there is any possibility of her blood enterering your blood stream. That would be a risk from the activity you described, there is very little risk assuming that you eventually washed the blood off your hands. Stay safe! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sexually Transmitted Disease That Cause Numbness
- Short Term And Long Term Effects Of Genital Herpes
- Symptoms Of Syphilis In Women
- The Std Caused By A Spirochete That Usually First Manifests On The Skin As Bloodless Chancres Is
- Accuracy Of An Hiv Test After Six Weeks
- Can Asthma Medication Cause A False Positive On Hiv Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.