Cured Hep C, Sexual Relations & Herbal supplements

I had a very successful treatment using Rebetol and Peg-Intron for 6 months. Before treatment I was diagnosed with Hep C 2B, scaling (2) on liver inflamation and (1) on scaring...HCV viral load 53,478 IU/ML. Not sure if this was low or not? I was taken off medicine in 2002 and showed no trace of Hep C (or no traceable level) with blood work now for over 1 year. My question is I would like to know that I could get married and have a wonderful sexual relationship with spouse or significant other without the use of a condom or diaphragm. Is this possible if both of us check out neg for Hep C or HIV or any other virus? If not, how effective is the diaphragm? Also, I currently take Collodial Silver 1 tsp daily, Milk Thistle, Jim's "The Road To Health" Colon Cleanse & Colon Pills, Vit E, Vit C. to make sure that this does not reoccur. Is this bad or will the herbs be harmful to me?

Thanks

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Congratulations you are cured! There is no reason that you could not have a normal monogamous sexual relationship. The diaphragm is not a preventative for any sexually transmitted disease however! Until you both have HIV and other STD tests you should use a condom. Once you are satisfied that everything is OK then you can use the diaphragm to prevent pregnancy, but not to prevent STD's. Happy New Year! DTD

Dr. Dieterich
Kissing and Hep C study - wrong or right?