Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Cured Hep C, Sexual Relations & Herbal supplements
Jan 6, 2004

I had a very successful treatment using Rebetol and Peg-Intron for 6 months. Before treatment I was diagnosed with Hep C 2B, scaling (2) on liver inflamation and (1) on scaring...HCV viral load 53,478 IU/ML. Not sure if this was low or not? I was taken off medicine in 2002 and showed no trace of Hep C (or no traceable level) with blood work now for over 1 year. My question is I would like to know that I could get married and have a wonderful sexual relationship with spouse or significant other without the use of a condom or diaphragm. Is this possible if both of us check out neg for Hep C or HIV or any other virus? If not, how effective is the diaphragm? Also, I currently take Collodial Silver 1 tsp daily, Milk Thistle, Jim's "The Road To Health" Colon Cleanse & Colon Pills, Vit E, Vit C. to make sure that this does not reoccur. Is this bad or will the herbs be harmful to me?

Thanks

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Congratulations you are cured! There is no reason that you could not have a normal monogamous sexual relationship. The diaphragm is not a preventative for any sexually transmitted disease however! Until you both have HIV and other STD tests you should use a condom. Once you are satisfied that everything is OK then you can use the diaphragm to prevent pregnancy, but not to prevent STD's. Happy New Year! DTD

Previous
Dr. Dieterich
Next
Kissing and Hep C study - wrong or right?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.