|Hi Dr. Dieterich
Dec 23, 2003
I recently read that in people that are coinfected with HIV and Hepatitis C, that clearing the Hepatitis is a challenge and 80 to 85 continue to have the Hepatitis even with treatment. Is this true?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
No that is not true. There will be 3 large clinical trials presented in February at the HIV conference in S.F. All three are quite encouraging. Clearly not as high a cure rate as in HIV negative, but definitely high enough to make it worthwhile! Take heart, no need for nihilism! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- HIV Risk After Sex With A Prostitute
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Alphabetical List Of Std's
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.