|Hi Dr. Dieterich
Dec 23, 2003
I recently read that in people that are coinfected with HIV and Hepatitis C, that clearing the Hepatitis is a challenge and 80 to 85 continue to have the Hepatitis even with treatment. Is this true?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
No that is not true. There will be 3 large clinical trials presented in February at the HIV conference in S.F. All three are quite encouraging. Clearly not as high a cure rate as in HIV negative, but definitely high enough to make it worthwhile! Take heart, no need for nihilism! DTD
hepatitis B & pregnancy
Liver transplant & HIV + but do not have Hep
- Can You Catch HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Trichomoniasis Without Have Sex?
- Causative Agents Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.