|hepatitis B & pregnancy
Dec 23, 2003
A primi with 7 weeks pregnancy . The investigations show HBsAg positive & HBeAg also positive . Is it advisable to continue the pregnancy? If we terminate is the situation going to be different after a few months i.e whether the HBeAg will be negative by then?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
I doubt that things would be different the next time. You should see a physician who knows about this and consider treatment with lamivudine in your third trimester and of course treating the baby at birth with gamma globulin and vaccine. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Touching Dried Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Condom Popped Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.