|hepatitis B & pregnancy
Dec 23, 2003
A primi with 7 weeks pregnancy . The investigations show HBsAg positive & HBeAg also positive . Is it advisable to continue the pregnancy? If we terminate is the situation going to be different after a few months i.e whether the HBeAg will be negative by then?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
I doubt that things would be different the next time. You should see a physician who knows about this and consider treatment with lamivudine in your third trimester and of course treating the baby at birth with gamma globulin and vaccine. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.