Dec 23, 2003
I called to check on the antibody status for hbv. My nurse told me that I have hep b due to the test showing positive. I had 2 hep shots 2 years ago i missed the 3rd dose. So as you can imagine I freaked. About 5 months ago my antigen was -.The nurse clearly had no clue to what info she could provide me with. She ended our conversation with "your probably fine". Well in my opinion when it comes to your health thats not good info. Any suggestions? Should I have further testing done in your opinion? Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Most phsysicians don't understand hepatitis B tests, so don't blame your nurse. You need to sit down with your MD and go over all the tests to determine if you need further testing. Good luck! You probably are fine! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- AIDS Infection Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Itchy Balls After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.