Dec 8, 2003
Hi doc, under what circumstances and how can Hep C be cured if one is infected
Response from Dr. Dieterich
There are two ways. First during the acute infection, that is during the first 6 months of an infection, you can clear the virus on your own. Some people can do that but it is a minority. The other way is by treating it with interferon and ribavirin. If your HCV RNA is negative 6 months after stopping peg and ribavirin, then you are cured too! DTD
When can u be Sure PCR is False Positive
- What Does Non Reactive Hiv Test Mean?
- Can Thrush Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Is Passing Of Thick White Vaginal Discharge A Symptom Of Aids?
- What Is Risk Of Hiv From Unprotected Sexual Exposure?
- Toes And Balls Of Feet Numbness Neuropathy
- Dose Hiv Cause White Spots In The Back Of The Throat?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.