When can u be Sure PCR is False Positive

Dear Dr.

In one of your response regarding PCR Question, you have stated that the PCR Qual was false positive and that is why u don't use Qualitative PCRs.

I had a similiar situation where a pcr qual was detected at 4 months. Prior to this I had a pcr at 3 months with antiobdy negative. After the positive pcr qual, i was very worried, and had one at 5 months with antiobdy. Both were negative.

Most sites including CDC say one positive pcr is enough to indicate infection!!! That is what scares me!!!

My question is when can i rest at ease??? After the 5 month tests that are negative, or do i need more testing?????? My risk was very minor, getting nicked at the barber's with scissors, the nick did not draw blood but did scrape my skin enough to cause a scab!!!!!

They say scissors can transmit hep c or b. I got tested at 5 months for hiv was negative and hep b surface antibody positive.

Can I really forget the qual detected and be sure that I don't have hep c or do i need to be concerned????

The Doctor's tell me also that it was a false positive.

Thanks for your time and consideration

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Forget it! once you have had two negatives the positive does not make any sense. Stay well! DTD

hep d
Possible Cure