No treatment for Hep C?

My friend's husband of 30+ years was just diagnosed with Hep C. He is receiving immunization for A+B and pneumonia. However, his doctor tells him that he has such a small case of it that no other treatment is neccesary. Isn't this like being a little bit pregnant? They were refusing to come and visit us because they feel so dirty and contagious. Thanks to your forum I already know my friends can come and visit my family with no worrries. But I am concerned that he will receive no treatment. Isn't it supposedly 100 cureable if treated while acute? He's been told he does not have chronic. Thank you for any and all help. These have been close friends for over 25 yrs.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Good Question! It does not sound like there is a whole story here. Either he has it or he doesn't. His MD may think that he is too old to treat, but he cant just have a little of it, you are right. He should have had a biopsy and if that is OK then it is OK not to treat. I am glad that you have reassured them about being contagious. They are not. Blessings of the season to you all! DTD

Wasting?
Is flu shot safe for non-treatment positive people