Re: For God's Sake Please Answer HCV PCR Question

Hi Doctor Dieterich,

Can't tell you how much of a help you have been. I was devastated by the positive qual hcv pcr, but your reassurance that it was a false positive has greatly helped.

Actually the problem stems from the fact that it did come back positive and I was really hoping that a negative at 7 weeks would be the end of it all....i simply don't know what to do from here on....anymore tests requried or not??? That is the question that bothers much uncertainty and no answers over here.....I can't thank you enough guys are great.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Just do the Quantitative PCR and if it keep going up then you should consider treatment. Good luck! DTD

Hepatitis C from a nail salon?
Please Answer my question!!