Hepatitis C from a nail salon?

Dr. Dieterich,

I recently visited a nail salon. The manacurist cut into the side of my finger with his instrument. To stop it from bleeding, he applied some liquid antiseptic. The thing is, he touched the tip of the bottle directly into my open wound. If he has done this to other customers, touched the same bottle to an open, bleeding cut, wouldn't I be at risk for contracting Hepatitis C? I know HIV is much to fragile to survive on objects for long, but Hep. C can live on an object for weeks, right? I appreciate you reading my question. Thank you

Response from Dr. Dieterich

In a word, yes! There is a risk from manicures and pedicures from the instruments as well. If I were to get a manicure myself, I would bring my own set of instruments and then I would not have to worry about it! Go buy your own! DTD

Enlarged Liver With Cirrhosis & HAART
Re: For God's Sake Please Answer HCV PCR Question