Losing Control

I recently went into a depression level that at times reached suicidal. It lasted for about 3 months but is getting better. During that time I did everything I could think of to kill my liver. Taking High amounts of valium, xanax and hydrocodone, cocain and drinking. My ALT usually runs in the upper 80's AST in the 39-41. The last test showed ALT 47 & AST 23. Why would they go down and not up? I see my plan isn't working and now I am hooked on drugs on a regular basis again in my life.

Thanks

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I assume that you have HCV as well. Alcohol has a tendency to lower liver enzymes temporarily while you are drinking heavily only to cause large elevations when you stop for a short time. Those fluctuations really don't mean anything. You need help! Get yourself into a rehab facility ASAP! It is not easy but with psychiatric help and drug rehab, you can get in control of your own life again. After you are clean and sober for a while, then we can talk about treating your HCV. Good luck, get help! DTD

Which is "REALLY" the best treatment?
RIBA results