Oct 30, 2003
Is it common for Liver Function Test levels to fluctuate? I was diagnosed with Acute HBV in early August (jaundice, HBsAG +, IGM Core +, HBeAG +, ALT 5000, AST 3000). My GI has ordered a LFT every two weeks and my ALT and AST have dropped to normal range recently but my last test showed a slight increase from my previous test two weeks ago (ALT has risen to 48 from 37). Note - I coverted from HBeAG + to - and HBeAB - to + in mid-September. I'm still waiting/hoping I will covert to HBsAB positive soon.
1) Is it common to see a rise in ALT levels this late in the recovery?
2) Does the 6 month marker for diagnosis of Chronic HBV begin at time that symptoms begin to show or at time ofinfection?
3) Is it common/possible to have a relapse of the "e" Antigen?
Your time is much appreciated.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
That is not really a fluctuation. You need to stop worrying. THe chances are over 85% that you will clear. 6 months from August is February. Meanwhile, you can be contagious so safe sex please! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Causes Of Vaginal Bleeding After Sex
- Is A Brownish Discoloration Vaginal Discharge Means You Have A Std?
- Is A Venereal Disease The Same As An Std?
- Is Autoimmune Hepatitis Contagious With Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.