Oct 22, 2003
Is there a B cell count renage needed for development of antibodies? If B cell count is at lower end of range, does this indicate that detectable level of antibodies for HIV or Hep C would be longer? thanks.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Antibodies are made by B cells, however the number of B cells has nothing to do with time to seroconversion! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Spots A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.