|Re: risk at gyno office
Oct 22, 2003
A question recently asked got me thinking. You said most gynos use disposable specula, but mine doesn't (he uses the metal kind). Would there be an HIV risk if a speculum didn't get cleaned well or cleaned at all but was used a while after the last use (say at least a half hour) and was stored in that heated drawer under the exam table?
I appreciate your response!
Response from Dr. Dieterich
I doubt that there would be much risk at all. There is a really good reason to think that most gyn's sterilize their specula very carefully! DTD
Hepatitis antibodies in semen
Are you still accepting patients? How do i make an appointment?
- Blood In Urine After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Keflex Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.