|Re: risk at gyno office
Oct 22, 2003
A question recently asked got me thinking. You said most gynos use disposable specula, but mine doesn't (he uses the metal kind). Would there be an HIV risk if a speculum didn't get cleaned well or cleaned at all but was used a while after the last use (say at least a half hour) and was stored in that heated drawer under the exam table?
I appreciate your response!
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
I doubt that there would be much risk at all. There is a really good reason to think that most gyn's sterilize their specula very carefully! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Tell If You Have Hiv From A Regular Gyno Exam?
- Risk Of Hiv And Aids In A Dental Office
- Erectile Dysfunction After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Floaters After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.