|Hepatitis antibodies in semen
Oct 22, 2003
My boyfriend just found out that he has antibodies to Hepatitis (B, I think). Are such antibodies infective through unprotected sexual intercourse?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Antibodies are not infectious, but can be a sign of infectivity. If he has had hepatitis B in the past he will have antibodies as evidence of infection. If he still has HBV he may also have some antibodies and yes HBV is a sexually transmitted disease. You need to find out if he actually has the disease or just the antibodies. In any case you should get the Hepatitis B vaccine series ASAP! Good luck. DTD
Re: risk at gyno office
- Do Swollen Lymph Glands Mean I Have Hiv?
- Sore On Mouth Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- What Will Happen If You Don't Treat Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.