HCV Cure?

My husband has Hepatitis C and is HIV Positive. He just finished 48 weeks of treatment with peg-intron. He stopped treatment in Sept. and his doctor told him a month later that he is undetectable for Hep C. The fact that he's undetectable is a good thing, isn't it? Is it too soon to tell if the treatment worked or helped? Please let me know. My emotions are all over the place. Thank you so much.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

That is really good news! Most people who relapse after treatment is stopped do so by the first month. He is not completely out of the woods yet, but he is about 95% there! After he has the 6 month after stopping test, then you will be about 98.9% sure that he is cured. So far everything is looking good! Think positive! DTD

Risk at gyno's office
Cleaning the Scene