Hep. B+C testing in Greece.

Dear doctor, it is great having you online. I live in Greece and although the medical level is high , yet the sex related topics are somehow taboo to discuss.(even with your doctor). Please answer to my question relating to Hep. B+C. Today I gave blood for testing for Hep. B+C . It is exactly 45 days since my possible high-risk sexual contact (oral + rimming). I was wondering if it is a fair period after 45 days to have those tests? And, the doctor suggested I get the Hep.B vaccination now . I am not comfortable discussing these issues with him, so could you provide me with your advice and suggestion? Should I get vaccinated now? Should I retake the test after 6 months ? (BTW , Ill take the HIV test 3 months after possible exposure and repeat it in again after 6 months.) Thank you for your precious time.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

You should definitely get the HBV vaccine. Incubation periods of hepatitis B and C can be as long as 6 months so you should repeat those tests when you repeat the HIV. If not already immune you should get vaccinated for hepatitis A as well! Be careful! DTD

NEEDLESTICK
HIV /syphilis