|Dear Dr. Alcohol
Sep 26, 2003
I drink wine every night. It is my understanding the liver is liver resilient and moreover that alcohol may protect my brain from dementia when I am an old geezer. I am 28 and will be a teacher within the science dept. of a school soon. Do you think it is wise of me to drink a 1/2-1 bottle of fine red wine every night? THank you.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Alcohol in moderation is actually good for you, as you suggest. However to excess can be very dangerous. The usual amounts that seem safe and healthy are about 1 glass of wine per day for women and 1 glasses for men. I think you are a little over that limit! Cut down some and you should be fine! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hpv After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Flagyl Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.