Co-infected Injection Drug User...Drug Toxicity and Liver Care

I am a co-infected injection drug user and want to reduce the damage that i am doing to my liver. I use multiple substances and have no intention of being "drug-free" at this time. I know that alcohol is the most toxic to my liver, however I am not sure about other drugs. Can you please give me a "toxicity list"...ranking drugs from most toxic to least? Can you please include heroin, cocaine, crack, methadone, methamphetamine,Ecstasy,zanax,valium,oxycontin,acid, GHB,PCP,special-K,mushrooms,other Benzes and synthetic opiates. This information would serve as a critical harm reduction tool for those of us who have hep C and want to make choices that are least damaging to our bodies. Thank you kindly for your time.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

This is a tough one. Most of those are toxic in one way or another, but not particularly liver toxic. The only ones that are really liver dangerous are ectasy and special K. The others are all dangerous, but not usually to the liver. Marijuana is also reasonably safe for the liver. This is not to endorse in any way using them. Be careful! DTD

DESPERATE TO FIND TREATMENT FOR ADVANCED HCV AND LIVER CANCER
Dear Dr. Alcohol