Jewelry gift gone bad. HEP C SCARE

Hi doctor,

A few days ago I bought a medallion at a jewelry store for my friend. The lady put the medal in the box, but she had a pin holding it. Like a small clothing pin. About six hours later I took out just to put it on the chain, but I prick myself with the pin pretty good on the finger. It bled for a minute. There was no blood on the pin to begin with, but I was wondering what if the lady (or worker) at the store did this with the same pin then I did this am I at risk for Hep C or HIV? Can the HEP C virus be still on the pin even though there was no sign of blood on the pin? I'm not a needle drug user or sexually active. I also had a HEP B vaccine in 1994 when I was in college. Thank you for your time.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The pin would have had to be in someone with HIV or HCV and then fresh blood get into you. Forget it and enjoy the jewelry! DTD

BEEN TRYING FOR 1 MONTH NO RESPONSE,DR DOUGLAS FROM {INDIA}
plz answr: engaged. : hep c vaccine and hiv antibody test